I am writing this post to first express how excited I am about this competition. And while I am joining a team, it’s not because I’m really hoping to win those 10 stacks. I am excited because this competition will hopefully reignite the conversation about not only the various problems in education but also the solutions and unconventional ideas that may revolutionize it.
The other reason I am writing this post is to gain some insight from you all. And not just the educators. Anyone who has been taught something and/or has taught something (which is hopefully everyone) is welcome to share. I will use this information (to the extent that you can use social media research) to inform my humble team’s proposal. So, if you are so inclined, answer one or more of the questions below in the comments (you can also message me if you prefer). Thanks!
- What is the one thing you would change about your high school?
- What is the one thing about your high school that you would make a part of every high school?
- What is your favorite high school memory where you learned something?
- What do you believe is the most important skill to develop in today’s students?
- What do you believe is the most important attitude to develop in today’s students?
- What do you want the workforce to look like in twenty years (describe their skill set)?